Monday, February 23, 2009

C3 - Creative Church Conference 2009

Last week, my pastor and our youth pastor attended the annual C3 Conference at Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Texas, just north of Dallas. We were able to hear some of the best speakers around and to take a peek behind the scene behind this great church. Fellowship Church is led by Ed Young, Jr. and they average around 20,000-24,000 in attendance every weekend.

Personally, I was able to speak to several pastors about potential partnership for the church plant in Detroit. About 3 churches have committed to financially support Lakepointe Church. I have some others pastors that are interested, so I'm praying that God will open up some doors through the connection that I have made.

I was also able to visit with one of my best friends, Tim Payne who is on staff at Lifepoint Church in Tampa (left picture). We went to one of the best BBQ pit with him and his staff (the main highlight of the trip)! Thanks, Tim, for buying my $25 lunch!

It was also good to see my cousin Jason who regularly attends Fellowship Church. It was good to see him involved even during the conference, in which he and hundreds of other volunteers took vacation days off from their regular job to greet and host during this conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment