Friday, April 10, 2009

Upcoming Conferences

The next three weeks, I will be attending 3 different conferences that I'm excited about:

H.O.P.E. Pastor Coaching Network - Thursday, April 16

This is the monthly coaching with about 12 other pastors that meet at Avalon Church in McDonough, GA with Pastor Ritchie Miller.

Exponential '09 - Tuesday-Thursday, April 21-23

My wife and I will be traveling to Orlando, FL to attend this amazing conference that is specifically designed to the different stages in church planting. We will be attending the "pre-launch" track at this conference. The lineups for this conference is amazing. Here are a few of the main speakers: Craig Groeschel, Francis Chan, Erwin McManus, Ed Stetzer, Mark Batterson, Matt Chandler, Ron Sylvia, and the list goes on and on.

Thr3e Conference - Tuesday, April 28

This is a one day conference in Charlotte, NC and is hosted by Elevation Church. This church has only been in existence for only 3 years and was rated by Outreach Magazine as the 2nd fastest growing church in America. Last I've heard, they were averaging about 5,000 in attendance. Steven Furtick is the pastor and just turned 29 years old. I heard him speak in Dallas at Fellowship Church C3 Conference. God is doing some amazing stuff in Charlotte. The conference is full at only 150 people and I'm attending with Mark Nipper (have you been to his blog?). We will gain insight into the logistics of the launch of Elevation as well as the past 3 years.


I will be sure to blog about each one of these experiences. Pray for safety on the road for the next 3 weeks!

(Be a prayer partner! Sign up at Lakepointe Church website.)

1 comment:

  1. Scott,

    I love the new website! It looks sharp. Enjoy the conferences.

    ReplyDelete