Thursday, April 2, 2009

Faith Against All Odds

With less than three months before we move to Michigan, you can almost feel the pressure! Against all odds, I'm praying that I will be completely dependent on God and for Him to "increase my faith!" It makes great sermons and it's easy to talk about it to other people, but when it comes time to take "giant steps of faith" on your own - whoa!! This makes me both excited and nervous at the same time.
  • Excited because I know that God has great things in store for us for His glory!
  • Nervous because of the unknown - I don't know how God is going to accomplish His plan through us!
This is how God works - He wants us to depend on Him on a regular basis so that we are not dependent on ourselves. He doesn't tell us in advance how it's going to work out; but rather, it's a day by day journey. Matthew 6:34 (NIV) says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Please pray for us this month that we will continue to develop new partnership with us. Several pastors have called and expressed interests but cannot help financially because of hard times in their own churches. However, we have some great leads as well. Pray that God will give me wisdom to think outside of the box to find ways to support the mission. Finally, pray for me not to worry about the future (I have tendency to be worrisome!) but to completely trust in God - one day at a time!

If you are interested in supporting Lakepointe Church, please contact me at scott@lakepointechurch.tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment