Thursday, March 19, 2009

Coaching Network in McDonough, GA

Recently, I joined a pastor's coaching network at Avalon Church in McDonough, GA, 20 minutes south of Atlanta. On the third Thursday of each month this year, I will be traveling to this church to meet with about a dozen other pastors. The pastor of Avalon Church is Ritchie Miller, and he has led Avalon from its birth for the past 8 years and are averaging around 1500 each weekend. God is using him in a great way, and he has been a great avenue of resource and guidance to me.

For today session, my wife Karen was able to travel with me. She made sure I stayed awake on the trip. Today, we focused on two areas of ministry: building a strong Biblical leadership team (valuable teaching that I needed to hear) in the morning and children's ministry in the afternoon.

As I travel for the next 8 months, there will be some financial needs that I'm praying for, especially after we move to Detroit in June in which I will be traveling by plane. If you are able to help in any way, please contact me. I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get. This coaching network is extremely important to me. Research has shown that church planters in a coaching network are more likely to lead a church to a better launch and a stronger growth as opposed to a planter who is not involved in a coaching network. To me, this coaching is necessary!!

As I close, I want to thank Ritchie Miller and his staff for the time and energy to invest in the pastors of this network. You guys are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment