Sunday, March 8, 2009

Church Planting Team - The Nipper's


As a church planter, it is critical to create a strong team that will help you in the journey. Experts say that church planters that fail to create a team is often the first "red flag" in a possible failing church plant. Karen and I have been praying for people to be a part of the Lakepointe church team.

Recently, Mark and April Nipper announced to our church family at Marcus Pointe that they were joining the team! They will be moving to Michigan this summer, shortly after we move in June. My wife and I are so excited about the Nipper's being a part of our team. Mark and April have a real passion for ministry and they "get it." They understand and believe in the vision that God has placed on my heart.

I had the privilege to work with Mark on our church staff from 1999-2006. Currently, he is the athletic director at Alethia Christian Academy. April works at Wachovia Bank. Mark's greatest asset is strategic thinking and will help me to be "sane" in my thinking and organization. April complements her husband in the same way. Also, they are great when it comes to the area of finances, which is a huge blessing to me.

They have 2 children, Adam (5) and Hailey (4).

2 comments:

  1. This is great Scotty! I pray that the Lord will help you to continue to build this team that will help you launch the new work up in MI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott! This is awesome, this will prove to be one of the most incredible journeys of your life! So cool to hear that the Nippers are joining your team too! Blessings on your efforts man.

    ReplyDelete