Monday, August 24, 2009

Atlanta Trip Recap

I know! It seems like I'm doing a lot of traveling lately! Honestly, it can be very exhausting at times. However, I love going to new places and seeing old friends as well as new friends. This past week was no exception. I was excited to take my family with me on the journey as well.

On Thursday, I met with my church planting network that I'm a part of at Avalon Church and Pastor Ritchie Miller. I believe that this church is about to EXPLODE! I'm humbled to be a part of this amazing group and I'm learning so much.

On Thursday night, my family and I met up with David Huey at Bahama Breeze. I was a virgin customer to Bahama Breeze, and I can see myself as an addict to Bahama Breeze! It was delicious. David Huey is one of my top supporters and believers of the Lakepointe Church dream. Thanks, David, for your faith and belief in us. It means more than you realize!

On Friday and Saturday, we decided to have some family time. In the midst of the all the chaos and transition this year, we needed a little bit of a vacation. We explored the Atlanta Aquarium - we were in awe, including Nate. I think Nate named every fish "Nemo" (he loves Nemo and watches that movie everyday - seriously). It was a great time for me and Karen to watch Nate interacts with the world around him. (BTW, he's 29 months old).

We also spend some time with my uncle and his faithful girlfriend, along with my cousin, Johnna (she's a mess). We hung out at the Mall of Georgia in Buford. On Saturday night, we enjoyed a relaxing evening at Stone Mountain for the Laser Show.

On Sunday, I spoke at my good friend's church at Gracepointe Church. Andy Anderson is the pastor and used to work with me at Marcus Pointe in Pensacola, FL. This church honored me and my family and gave a generous love offering for Lakepointe Church. We are excited about the partnership that we have with this young church.

For the next two weeks, I will be staying around Detroit until we head back to Gulf Shores, AL (30 miles from Pensacola). Please continue to pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment