Sunday, December 6, 2009

35th Birthday Reflections

It's amazing how fast life flies by and here I am - 35 years old! God has bless me in so many ways:
  • I have a wonderful family - my wife of almost 8 years, Karen; and my 2 1/2 year old son, Nathan.
  • Blessed with great parents, grandparents, brothers and their wives, aunt, uncles, nieces, nephew, cousins. Also, my wife has great parents and family.
  • For providing us financially. I have some great friends who are helping us financially for the past 6 months and for the next 6 months plus as we launch Lakepointe Church. Again, thank you!
  • Couldn't launch Lakepointe without the planting team - the Nipper's, the Sabo's, and the one and only, Ben Ayers! They have sacrificed in so many ways to be a part of the dream and vision of Lakepointe Church.
  • I'm thankful for my health. This is one area where I sometime take it for granted. Need to be more discipline in this area.
  • Blessed to have made so many new friends since moving to Detroit. I really missed all of my friends in Pensacola and at Marcus Pointe Baptist Church. The people at MPBC are some of the finest anywhere. They are always on my mind and in my prayers. They are about to take some giant steps of faith in this next year and can't wait to hear how God will use them!
  • Most of all, I'm thankful for God and his gift of grace and mercy in my life. On October 14, 1982, I gave my life to Jesus Christ and He has been so good and so faithful, despite my screw-ups!
My birthday wish for you is that you'll take the time to reflect on God's blessing in your life. Sometime, we get so caught up in the moment that we take what we have for granted. If you're a believer in Jesus Christ, remember this: we are always doing better than what we deserve! If you're not a follower of Jesus Christ: you're missing out!

It's 20 minutes into my birthday and I have a lot going on today. Need to get my birthday sleep! Good night!

BY THE WAY!

Will you consider making an end of the year donation to Lakepointe Church? We are a non-profit organization and all gifts can be deducted from your 2009 taxes.

You can make a direct donation right now by simply clicking on the "Chip In" button below. It will direct you to a secure paypal website.



If you would rather send a check by mail, simply write the check to "Lakepointe Church" and mail it to:

Blue Water Association of SBC
Attn: Lakepointe Church
PO Box 1147
Mt. Clemens, MI 48046

No comments:

Post a Comment