Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hello from Detroit!

Man, it has been awhile since I've last posted! Life has been crazy since last month. June was pretty hectic as I finished my last few weeks at Marcus Pointe and then packing our home to move on the 4th of July weekend to get ready to launch Lakepointe Church this October.

Since we have arrived in Detroit, we have been getting established in our community in Eastpointe, MI. We are staying at a home that the local association owns at no cost! At the same time, I have been able to set up an office at Lakeside Community Church - again, at no cost! I have also been looking for possible sites to begin Lakepointe Church in the Clinton Township area. So far, I have scouted about a dozen sites and we have narrowed to list to about 3 different places. Within the next two weeks, I will be meeting with key people for each possible sites to find out about availability and funding. Please pray that God will open the right doors for us.

In August, I will be traveling to meet with pastors and churches for more financial support for the church. At the same time, I'm still raising financial support from "friends and families" to help supplement our monthly income. So far, we have raised about 40% of our goal from families/friends. I will post soon about how you can be involved.

I have more that I want to share with you and about all that God has been doing in our lives, especially in the past 2 months. Stay tuned to what's God is doing in the next chapter of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment