Saturday, May 23, 2009

HOPE Church Planters Coaching

This past Thursday, I was back in McDonough, GA, just south of Atlanta for my monthly coaching with Ritchie Miller, pastor of Avalon Church. This is the 5th months of meeting and Ritchie and his staff have been doing a fantastic job. I also enjoy the fellowship with other pastors and each month, we are bonding more and more. Through the tools of Facebook and Twitter, we are able to keep up with each other on a regular basis. It's just awesome to see how God is working in each of their lives.

I also brought Jared Sabo, one of the newest members of the Lakepointe Team. I know that his mind was challenged. It's always good to leave a conference or a coaching network to have the "wheels" in your head turning.

I want to close with this thought. Some have asked what's the value of having personal coaching. Statistics have shown that church planters that have coaching, their churches have a higher growth rate, as opposed to church planters who doesn't.

Again, thank you, Avalon Church and staff for taking the time each month to engage, mentor, and challenge everyone of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment